How to Sell Your Home Better Than Any Ordinary AgentWelcome FSBOs!!.Unlike some real estate agents, I don’t view For Sale By Owners as greedy or ignorant, but as patient and brave individuals for
8 Quick Tips To Avoid High Winter Electric Bills
Dated: January 22 2018
Winter is a tough time on our wallets with higher heating bills, especially after the long cold snap we've experienced during early January here in Northern Kentucky . Here are some ways to cut back on energy usage...
1) Find and seal all air leaks. Check for cracks near doors and windows, gaps around pipes and chimneys, and any unfinished areas. Plug leaks with weather-stripping , caulk, or expandable foam.
2) Set your thermostat to 68 degrees, or install a programmable thermostat. According to the U.S. Department of Energy, you can save about 10 percent per year on your heating bills by turning your thermostat down 10 to 15 degrees for eight hours.
3) Close blinds and curtains at night; if sunny, open them during the day.
4) Cover drafty windows yourself with easy, effective, and inexpensive shrink-to-fit plastic.
5) Turn off all lights when not in use. Replace incandescent light bulbs with LEDs, which use at least 75% less energy.
6) Lower your water heater temperature to 120 degrees Fahrenheit.
7) Wash clothes in cold water, and use cold-water detergent whenever possible.
8) Keep your garage doors closed for a warmer garage in winter (and cooler in the summertime)
Stay warm Northern KY. And remember, only 57 days or so until SPRING TIME.
Terry is the Principal Broker at Regional Realty. He is a motivated Realtor specializing with investors and new home buyers located in the following areas; Alexandria, Ft. Thomas, Ft. Mitchell, Indepe....